Let’s be honest. South Korea has been ahead of the United States for a while now – technologically speaking. So if we look at their mobile metrics for where they are today, it might be able to give us a good idea for where we’ll be tomorrow.
Here are some South Korean mobile metrics courtesy of Google.
- 29% surf the Internet on their mobile phone for more than one hour a day
- 35% spend more time with online mobile than watching TV
- 24% spend more time with online mobile than using their desktop Internet
- The phone is an entertainment device, more so than for utilitarian reasons, such as texting, social networking, even (shock alert) telephone calls
- 58% use online mobile at least five times during the day