Gowalla, the location-based social networking service for mobile apps, has been getting a lot of buzz lately. Gowalla announced the availability of Gowalla 2.0 for the iPhone 3G and 3GS platforms.
Gowalla highlights the following new features with this version:
- Design: developers have created fresh new experience that is more flexible, readable and usable.
- Photos: allows users the chance to not only check in and create new spots; they can also upload a photo after checking in, browse photos from friends and see photos taken at that spot.
- Checkin Commenting: Users can comment one another.
- Multiple Checkin Messages: Users can add more messages even after they’ve left a checkin spot.
- Hot Spots: The most popular spots nearby will be highlighted for users in a particular area to discover.
- Browse Friends: Browse friends of your friends.
- Facebook, Twitter and Web Links: Build a network that’s not only easy, but also quick to do. Stay connection with friends through Facebook, Twitter and web links.
- Spot Details: Address, phone numbers, Twitter names, Facebook pages and website will now be available in several checkin spots.
Gowalla will be heavily involved in SXSW. Gowalla has updated its SXSW mini-site, which has all the SXSW details the company will be rolling out, which includes: real world rewards, competitions, challenges and events.